miércoles, 26 de mayo de 2010

I'm one of those people that don't smile often.
No particular reason.
Just never been a smiler.
I do laugh. But i do not smile.
How is that possible?
I never show my teeth while laughing, and when i do and realise it, i stop laughing.
Why smile?
People, mostly women, say i have a beautiful smile.
I saw myself smiling on a mirror the other day, and, i must say, i do look good when smiling.
My eyes shine. I look younger.
Can't explain this phenomenon.
But the minute i realise it, i stop laughing.
Can't explain this either.
Life ain't that good for me to smile at it.
Don't get me wrong, it's not bad.
But it's not that fulfilling.
I'll smile the day i become a father.
I'll smile the day i walk my bride down the aisle.
I'll smile when in love again.
I'll smile at her.
I'll smile for her.
I'll smile with her.
Like i did once...

Her smile.
I can assure you, you've never seen a smile like that.
Tender smile.
Sweet smile.
Unique, rare, intense.
MY smile.
She smiled at me in a particlar way. Her eyes glew. She lightened up.
I dreamt. Dreamt years in advance. Decades.
Jobs, cars, beds, breakfasts, dinners, hugs, love making, kids...
Attitudes.
Attitudes made the smile fade away.
I smiled through her.
Now i've lost her.
She took my smile.
Her smile is carved on my mind.
I glance at it when in need.
I'm searching for her smile again.

In the meantime, i'll keep dancing through (without smiling).


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario