martes, 17 de agosto de 2010

Sophie's Choice


One of the best movies ever made (how could it not be? Meryl Streep's on it), or so I've been told.
I've never watched it, but always wanted to.
I've asked in EVERY video store i've encountered myself into, if they have this movie, but no one has ever said to me "look in the classics section". Heartbreaking.
So i decided to skip the law and download it.
I'm wicked.
I spent, literally, 6 days waiting for this movie to download. Boring!
When it finally did, i got in my bed, with my laptop on my lap (lol?) and pressed the PLAY button on the video player.

Conclusions?

The 1.3 gb movie i downloaded had no sound.
Fuck the world.
What does a man have to do to watch the love of his life in a movie? (Yes, i have a deep, huge, immense crush on Meryl).

So, has anyone watched it? Is it as good as i imagine? Is anyone intrested in watching it? Does anyone HAVE IT? (I'll pay for it!!!)

Cheers

7 comentarios:

  1. Do let me know if you happen to find it! You know i've been looking for it too..

    *Still waiting for that thing you said you wrote

    ResponderEliminar
  2. huh you know, it's certantly a must-watch movie, but I also haven't seen it, it's just one of those movies that I know I should watch but I know I'll probably never ever watch it (like casablanca for example). But too bad you can't find it anywere, it's a shame that clasics like those can't be found arround (and then the video stores are filled with stupid nosense comedies)
    but good luck with it though! let me know if you like it, or if it was just an enormus disapointment (given that you ever get to watch it)

    PS:really? a crush on meryl? sure, she is a very good looking woman and a great actress (and I do "love" her) but isn't she a little old??;P

    ResponderEliminar
  3. She is BY FAR, the greatest actress i've seen. And that, i find sexy :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I've seen it. Not bad, but it's definitely overrated. The famous ending and the basic premise of the film is still as poignant now as it was back then, but the movie has aged considerably.

    Meryl Streep gives a fantastic performance, no doubt, but to call it the best of all time (as I've heard many people say) is going a little bit overboard.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I'll have it in mind then, Miss DuBois.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I know an amazing place that is bound to have it!! Of course it's this little dingy video store that still uses hand-written membership cards, but if you don't find it there, then I'll be triple damned.

    Tomorrow I'll get the right coordinates and send them to you. xx

    ResponderEliminar